hexTronik 24gram Brushless Outrunner 1300kv (great value for money and very light)
H-KING 10A Fixed Wing Brushless Speed Controller (cheapest and lightest)
Turnigy 1000mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack (or 2s, depending on how much power you want)
2x Turnigy TG9e 9g / 1.5kg / 0.10sec Eco Micro Servo (rudder and elevator)
Pictures of the final result
update 1: Pictures after abuse
These pictures are all before flight... You should see it after the massive repairs I did so far. The cool think of these foamies is that you can just crash em knowing you can simply glue them all back together again. This is a picture of my first blu baby after I redid the wing:
update 2: Better wings
And much later on I finally had a great set of wings. It's much better to use some solid (at least 5mm) depron sheet. I still use the carving technique where I have around 4 carves on top of the wing to bend it. Then I added some strips on the inner side for strength and taped the edges and the carves for strength. In the center I also have a carbon rond for strength.
I still fly this plane. Although I now have more experience and harder planes to fly. If it wasn't for my girlfriend who gave me a Multiplex easystar this one would be used to help people getting into this hobby. The Easy start is just a little easier to fly. This one is cheaper though.
I've been experimenting with some other motors. You can go for a much heavier motor since the model has such a short nose and the tail really needs some counter weight.
It now has a balsa covered fuselage with the servo's in the inside. It's still basic, a box construction with some formers. But it handles rough landings much better now. Maybe I'll once make a decent full balsa wing also. Too bad it takes so much time to complete. I also did some testing with an aileron wing but for that an UC wing is just no good. Really needs a proper balsa wing.